Research Lead, Advanced Development Center
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
The VMware Advanced Development Center in Bulgaria is seeking an experienced senior technologist or scientist to shape the next generation of prototypes and research with the local and remote members of the Office of the CTO group. Defining and working on the portfolio of our upcoming innovations gives a rare opportunity to understand the technologies in fields ranging from AI, the Internet of Things to Blockchain and beyond, and how they integrate with the rest of the VMware product lines.
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced individual to participate in defining new products using innovative technologies, for a large application domain, working in cross-team and cross-geo environment.
Are you passionate dive into something new? You will be conducting basic and applied research on meaningful and challenging open problems in computer science. You will define and drive research projects, either on their own or in collaboration with peer researchers and/or technologists. You will drive our network and engagement with the academic and broader research community, and there will be strong interface with VMware’s product teams and customers.
A close-knit, but growing, team of senior engineers who are all eager to solve big challenges. We have the luxury to use the latest state of the art technologies and software stacks.
We use various methodologies development to meet business objectives, building our software incrementally, publish our results continuously, and refactoring systems as needed. We strive to maintain a good work-life balance on our team, and to promote an atmosphere of learning from each other. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you.
- The ability to define and pursue original research agendas with significant impact on VMware; you have a clear, bold and compelling vision of the next breakthrough you want to work on at VMware and how to get started towards it. This should include willingness to inspire and enlist others in your quest.
- You should have a Ph.D. (or expect to complete one) in computer science, electrical engineering, statistics, mathematics, or equivalent field. In certain cases, long meaningful experience in innovation will count towards this requirement
- An established research track record demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed venues such as top journals and conferences
- A consistent record for building prototypes, open source code, etc. Researchers with algorithms and/or theory expertise should have a track record of collaborating effectively with systems builders.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with both researchers and product teams within VMware and outside parties
You might also have:
- Degree research or domain expertise in the areas of Machine Learning, Security, IoT and Cloud Computing.
- Proven ability to generate new ideas and innovate.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub