Staff Cloud Engineer
Sofia, - BulgariaApply Now Job ID R1905490
Are you passionate about hands on design and development of backend services? Are you inspired by innovation? It's this combination of gusto and analytical skills we need. If you have led a project/product to completion & further supported it in production for multiple releases, then you are invited to apply.
This is an opportunity for working on the new Software Defined Data Center as a Service (SDDCaaS) offering. Our vision is to expand our well-established Availability capabilities in On-Prem Data Center to the Cloud. You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that has full ownership of Logging, Monitoring and Alerting components and services of a complete SaaS stack. You will be responsible for driving the architecture, working cross-teams and cross-components.
VMware SDDCaaS enables customers to rapidly spin up cloud-hosted, enterprise-grade and secure data centers that are operationally consistent with vSphere-based private clouds. With the same architecture on-premises and in the cloud, IT teams can now realize the value of the hybrid cloud.
- You are responsible for driving end-to-end architecture of software components in VMware Cloud.
- You provide leadership in software development methodologies and hands on with POC development, architect and design solutions.
- Responsible for the entire product life-cycle including research, design, application and deployment architecture, development, testing (dev owns quality), continuous deployment and continuous delivery up until to production.
- You design and develop complex, highly available, distributed, cloud-based solutions, and maintain its high level of quality software.
- Monitor resource allocation, consumption, and performance.
- Engage in service software performance analysis and forecasting.
- Deep understanding of object oriented principles, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc.
- Proven background in fundamentals of computer science and development process.
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of: Java, C++, Python, Go, C#.
- Experience with web services (rest, soap, Wsdl etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing).
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficient in SaaS oriented architecture and integrations.
- Proficient in SaaS monitoring and alerting on a grand scale.
- Experience crafting software with continuous integration and delivery.
- Expertise with running web services at scale.
- Exposure to building and monitoring cloud based services.
- Experience with public clouds (AWS, GCP).
- Strong knowledge in concurrency and multithreading.
- Strong Experience with networking (WAN or LAN) and an understanding of network theory
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub