Sr Project Manager
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
Senior Project Manager
VMware is the leader in virtualisation and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualisation and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibility
VMware is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join its team at its Sofia, Bulgaria office. The position offers the opportunity to join the Colleague Experience and Technology group that drives execution of IT focused projects and real-estate related projects in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA region). We are seeking a standout colleague that has superb communication skills, attention to detail, and excellent follow through.
The CET PMO organisation is the focal point of contact for all IT groups, and acts as the single interface between REW (Real Estate & Workforce), Finance, Audio Visual and IT Operation Teams to standardize processes, procedures, and vendors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- You are a strong project manager with deep experience in leading large global initiatives that involve complex objectives and have multiple cross-site/cross-functional sponsors, owners and/or team members
- You will be required to develop detailed IT work plans, schedules; project estimates, resource plans and status reports
- You will ensure adherence to project governance, control and risk guidelines
- You will determine scope and impact of project risks and issues; develop effective response plans for risks and issues
- You are comfortable with finance concepts/management of project/program budgets more than $1M
- You have a consistent track record aligning and influencing partners across the organisation
- You are able to to manoeuvre between high-level critical thinking and detailed project work
- You have the ability to reset, pivot and re-plan when requirements change while keeping partners on the same page
- Define and manage large scale IT infrastructure (Network, Telcom, server, storage) project proposals and plans. Execute to plan and deliver within budget and on time.
- Experience in building large scale IT infrastructure projects with a preference in Real Estate is must (New, Expanding and Closure of Sites)
- Organize, manage, and lead multiple project implementations in a fast-paced IT environment across multiple functional teams.
- Lead infrastructure and technical system discussions with technical engineers, contractors and vendors.
Communication and Organisation
- You are able to persuade and influence others through strong leadership, communication and diplomacy skills
- You can translate terminology between technical and non-technical staffs
- Your passion is contagious within the team
- You have an outgoing personality while making meaningful relationships between business partners
- You show consistency among principles, values and behavior and demonstrate honesty and integrity
- You ensure a deep understanding of partner communication needs is integrated into the project planning process
- You effectively interact with all levels of management
- You effectively deliver tough messages to executives, key partners, team members and peers
- You fully understand the appropriateness of different types of communication (memo, letter, report, etc.) and different media types (formal, written, voice, e-mail, face-to-face, etc.) when presenting information one-on-one or in groups
Experience and Education
- 8+ years of Project Management experience
- 8+ years of IT experience
- A good understanding of Technology concepts, prior experience in Colleague Experience or End User Computing is desired
- Demonstrated experience leading initiatives through both agile and waterfall delivery models; in depth understanding of agile concepts and processes preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of industry accepted project management practices
- Strong interpersonal, influence, negotiation, organisation, and communication skills required
- You stay abreast of knowledge of industry practices and trends
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in IT related area
- PRINCE2, PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or Scrum Master Certification
- Regional travel and overnight stays
- Attendance: This full-time position is exempt and requires the ability to be present and available during business hours to meet company and department needs. Additional hours or flexible schedule may be required
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub