Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Sofia, - BulgariaApply Now Job ID R1906271
This is an opportunity for working on the new Software Defined Data Center as a Service (SDDCaaS) offering. Our vision is to expand our well-established Availability capabilities in On-Prem Data Center to the Cloud. You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that is working on a cutting-edge Cloud features like Multi-AZ, Elastic Clusters, Containers orchestration and Clusters terraforming, etc.
VMware SDDCaaS enables customers to rapidly spin up cloud-hosted, enterprise-grade and secure data centers that are operationally consistent with vSphere-based private clouds. With the same architecture on-premises and in the cloud, IT teams can now realize the value of the hybrid cloud.
Success in this role requires very strong technical skills, a broad background and understanding of every layer of the software development and cloud ecosystem and excellent understanding of the cloud and container management stacks.
- You love to code, and you’ve worked with multiple programming languages.
- You love to build tools that enable a whole organization to rapidly produce software products and services.
- You have an insatiable craving for making applications more consistent and reliable over time.
- You believe you can automate everything, and you can find opportunities to remove manual processes.
- You understand scalable architectures and have implemented a few.
- You love working in a collaborative environment, and you’re committed to driving projects to completion independently and creatively.
- You're an outstanding communicator, and can advocate for your proposals while also empathizing with your teammates' goals and priorities.
- You graciously help others who look to you for feedback and guidance.
- Posses a deep and abiding love of Linux. Or a respectful hatred for it. Either way, you'll need to be able to sed/awk/grep like a pro.
- Experience administering Linux systems in a production environment.
- Experience in building and running large-scale systems and application architectures.
- Deep understanding of system performance and monitoring.
- Understanding of containers and container orchestration.
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, Go and/or NodeJS
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work in a dynamic and hectic work environment
- Demonstrate skills in priority setting, analysis, communication, time management, scheduling, and multitasking.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience;
- 3+ years of experience in various DevOps/SRE roles
- Experience with modern container orchestration systems: Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS, Swarm
- Experience with infrastructure configuration and automation processes and tools: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Fabric
- Experience with cloud security: Intrusion, penetration, and vulnerability scanning
- Experience with monitoring solutions: ELK, Splunk, SUMO, Nagios, Prometheus
- Experience with various data technologies including relational and non-relational databases and message queues
- Experience in build automation and continuous integration/delivery ecosystem: Git, Gerrit, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus, Artifactory, Selenium
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub