Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Sofware Development Manager
Sofia-Capital, BulgariaApply Now
Cloud Platform Business Unit is looking for an R&D Manager to manage components and products for its CLI and API infrastructure portfolio of products. Your responsibilities include the quality and development of DataCenter CLI and also components of VMware’s API (vAPI) infrastructure. This position requires you to work with global teams. This team is part of a larger API/CLI/SDK team and you are expected to contribute towards the overall charter of the team which includes VMware wide API consistency.
You must be a person who is passionate about CLIs and API frameworks and infrastructure and have a strong understanding and experience in development of API software. Some or part of these products are in the open source community and you should be passionate about nurturing developer communities especially with a focus on developer outreach and engagement. You must be a hands-on manager and focused on making our developer community a success. You must be comfortable driving the adoption of DCLI and vAPI across multiple feature teams.
We’re a great group to join. You will work in a fast-paced environment, work with some of the best engineers and be very focused on developer outreach. You should come with more recent experience in building developer tools, web services and/or managing open source projects. You must have strong technical skills and work in an agile environment.
- Contribute to quality, design and implementation of developer software
- Be a hands-on lead that enables engineers to deliver on innovative software projects using proven development processes (Agile/SCRUM).
- Collaborate with stake holders on requirements and respond with fast product delivery by taking smart risks as and when required.
- Assist in recruiting great talent for the organization besides mentoring and coaching engineers and seek opportunity to bring in continuous improvements to implement development and unit testing best practices.
- Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment.
- MS degree (or BS + 2 additional years of experience) in Computer Science or related field; and minimum of 5+ year’s software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a Development Manager.
- Proficiency in one or more of these languages (e.g. Java, Python, C#, C++) is required.
- Familiarity with the tools that popular in those developer communities.
- Strong technical credentials, with development expertise in OOP.
- Familiarity and development experience with Web services technologies is required (e.g. REST, XML, JSON, etc.).
- Must have strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently and with teams be able to prioritize and handle multiple outstanding tasks.
- Provide mentorship and lead strong development practices inside the team.
- Excellent presentation, interaction and communication skills along with the ability to collaborate effectively across functional organizations.
- Experience with VMware and dependent product Suites, and web application technologies in a data center environment is a plus.
- Occasional travel is required
- Opportunity to be part of the top management and decision making team of the subsidiary and improve skills and knowledge by working in an enterprise multinational, multicultural environment of overseas and distributed teams
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path and personal growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.