Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Software Engineering Manager – PS Tools
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
Are you playing a leadership role in your team? Do you work very expertly and routinely deliver the right things? Do you have a system-wide, architectural view of the solutions that your team builds? Are you a key influencer in your team’s strategy and contribute significantly to team planning?
A close-knit team of engineers who are all eager to take on big challenges. We have the luxury to use the latest cutting-edge technologies like Java 8, Spring 5, Angular 4.
Our software enables VMware’s Services & Sales teams to be their best, delivering high-quality solutions to our customers with extraordinary outcomes. We use Scrum, Kanban and test-driven development to meet business objectives, building our software incrementally, ship code continuously, and refactoring systems as needed. We strive to maintain a reasonable work-life balance on our team by setting the expectation that most work will be completed during core hours. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you.
· Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience leading software development teams and products through multiple releases
· Good leadership, people management, and interpersonal skills
· Passion to coach others and share knowledge with your team
· Consistent track record of delivering high-quality software in a timely manner
· Deep understanding of core computer science fundamentals as algorithms, data structures, operating systems, distributed systems, and multi-threaded programming
· Ability to inspire and lead a group of senior engineers through the design and implementation phases of services and products that are developed in parallel
· Experience with at least one programming language as Java (preferred), C#, C/C++, etc.
· Excellent communication skills in English
You might also have:
· Experience in common Java frameworks such as Spring (Data, MVC, REST) and Hibernate
· Experience in writing automated end-to-end tests with Protractor, and unit tests with Karma, Jest
· Understanding of Maven or Gradle configurations for building, testing and running applications.
· Understanding of Webpack, Gulp.
· Opportunity to tackle tough problems while leading an elite engineering team
· Attractive compensation package with competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, and long-term incentives
· Individual career growth improved by learning and development programs, objective performance assessment based on results, and opportunity to work with international teams on various projects
· Healthy work environment with company sponsored medical insurance program, sport activities, and open communication
· Work-life balance tailored to your needs, paid vacation, paid sick leave, regular celebrations events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexua
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.