Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Software Engineer - SaaS PlatformJob ID R1903321 Date posted 05/13/2019
Become a key contributor to the Cloud Services Platform at VMware.
VMware Cloud Services Platform (CSP) is looking for a talented professional who shares our passion for technology, innovation, learning, and excellence to help us build and operate world-class SaaS platform.
The Cloud Services Platform (CSP) R&D group charter is to implement the cloud runtime platform that enables VMware to deliver Software-as-a-Service, and service providers to customize, extend and monetize cloud services. This is an exciting area which crosses multiple domains of expertise.
Our group, which operates similarly to a startup within the larger organization, is breaking new ground within the cloud arena and uses modern technologies such as Java, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, micro-services architectures and more. As a member of our team, you will master the entire application life-cycle. This includes areas like microservices architecture, continuous delivery, automation testing (dev owns quality) and live monitoring of the system.
As our future colleague in the CSP team you will be responsible for the entire life-cycle of the core SaaS service platform within VMware:
- Design, implement and operate the next generation VMware’s SaaS
- Demonstrate a full competency and comprehensive knowledge of one or more technical fields
- Develop innovative ideas and solutions for projects
- Identify issues and critically evaluates the implications of ideas or solutions
- Perform analysis of a complex workload and initiates solutions
- Have in-depth and/or breadth knowledge of components of a project and involved with design and implementation
- Generate ideas to reduce cost, improve quality and/or gain process efficiencies
- Collaborate with people from all over the world
- On-Call Availability in case of emergency (sporadically)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience as a software developer in Java or another statically-typed object-oriented language
- Experience with Identity Management systems is a plus
- Good understanding of basic computer network concepts
- General programming knowledge - data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc.
- Basic understanding of Linux
- Experience with programming against relational and/or non-relational databased
- Solid grasp of software development lifecycle best-practices, methods, and conventions, including but not limited to Unit and Integration Testing, Source Code Management, Continuous Integration, Domain Driven Design, and Dependency Management
- Willingness to work without close supervision and with a dedicated daring attitude
- Willingness to learn other programming languages
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company-sponsored mobile phone plan, and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food, and beverage program, sports activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
- As part of the VMware global standards for integrity, you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
- All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.