Software Developer / Professional Services
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
PS CoE (Professional Services Center of Excellence) is an organization that develops integrations of VMware products and 3rd party products into complete solutions, automates business processes and develops additional capabilities to existing products. PS CoE consultants are engineers, who work by the highest software development standards to deliver business critical solutions to Fortune 500 top customers. PS CoE consultants interact directly with VMware customers.
To achieve this, the following VMware products are mainly but not solely used:
- vRealize Automation /Orchestrator/ Operations
- vCloud Director
- SaaS based VMware products
A typical day may include
You'll translate customer business requirements into custom developed solution based on the VMware products ,thus you will need to:
- Understand requirements, provide estimates and stick to commitments
- Prepare software design
- Communicate effectively with your team mates, Project Managers and clients
- Follow well define Software Development Lifecycle process
- Follow strict quality standards and best practices
- Document well your solution
- Be enthusiastic in presenting, writing articles, demos, mentoring
- Excellent knowledge in data structures and algorithms
- Experience as Software Developer in Services companies
- Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software architecture and networking/infrastructure design.
- Experience in customer facing roles
- Experience in scripting – PowerShell, Bash
- Knowledge in Infrastructure – DNS, AD, OSI Layers
- Your English is excellent. You communicate clearly and write well and can explain just about anything to anyone, and you can communicate in writing and on the phone.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent technical training
Preferred (but not mandatory)
- Understanding of virtual IT production data center and Internet hosting operations
- Understanding in VMware products
- Understanding Atlassian stack
- Understanding OpenStack
- Understanding Hyper-Scaler services like Google Cloud, AWS, Azure
- Understanding in other infrastructure related software – ServiceNow, IPAM, HPSM, CISCO F5
- Ability to travel Globally up to 25% if needed
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
This position is eligible for the JoinPSCoE referral campaign.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub