Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Software Defined Data Center InternshipJob ID R1903220 Date posted 03/01/2019
VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s leaders and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) Storage and Availability Business Unit
We are a highly-innovative team who is always looking to disrupt and change the storage and availability landscape. We are at the forefront of transforming datacenters around the world with scalable, high performance and policy driven data storage and data protection for both virtualized and containerized workloads. You will be part of a team responsible for developing the next generation snapshot technology for VMware's storage portfolio, including Virtual SAN (vSAN) which is the industry leader in hyper-converged storage. This snapshot technology enables a broad range of data management techniques such as virtual machine snapshot management, clones, backup, archival and disaster recovery.
We currently have 6 internship openings for a duration of 6 months with multiple opportunities for permanent employment within VMware afterwards.
As an Intern at VMware, you’ll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems. You’ll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects and springboard an impactful career. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience.
- Pursuing a university degree in Computer Science or related technical fields
- Interest in learning, developing existing ideas and combining them with new ones
- Good programming skills in at least one programming language: Java, C#, C++, Python
- Good algorithmic and problem-solving skills
- Fluent English
The following skills would be considered strong advantage:
- Good understanding of Virtualization principals and technologies
- Some knowledge in Angular 2.0 +/JS, NodeJS, RESTful
- Good Linux User
Why our Internship Program is the best:
- Real-life projects - Excellent opportunities for technical and personal development.
- Mentorship - expert engineers will help you achieve your full potential.
- Unique atmosphere -Where the emphasis is on perfection, innovation, openness and collaboration.
- Healthy work environment - Food & Beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Flexibility - Opportunity to choose between working schemes, fitting both yours and the project's needs
- Excellent compensation package
If you believe VMware is the place for you, apply now! If we find your profile suitable, a recruiter will get in touch with you regarding the next steps.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.