Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
Our team is looking for a Software Architect responsible for design, architecture and implementation of various server side components of the vSphere Management Platform. You will have the opportunity to work on VMware’s flagship product using modern technologies.
You will actively participate in most software process stages – requirements analysis, design, architecture, implementation, communication of the product vision and roadmap.
- Perform detailed software design as well as implement and/or maintain code according to duties and responsibilities
- Translate high level use cases into specific user stories with clear success criteria for each feature
- Own the end-to-end development of features from problem identification through testing, release and analysis
- Suggest and implement solutions for process improvement
- Develop and maintain a clear product vision and roadmap
- Excellent knowledge of software design and architecture
- A technical mindset and analytical approach
- Great attention to detail
- Good leadership skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong experience in engaging business leaders, senior leadership and engineers
- 7+ years overall technology experience in a software development
- 3+ years as a tech lead or architect
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.