Software Architect, PSCOE
Sofia, - BulgariaApply Now Job ID R1902529
VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, helps customers accelerate their digital transformation. VMware enables enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT with VMware Cross-Cloud Architecture™ and solutions for the data center, mobility, and security.
With 2016 revenue of $7.09 billion, VMware is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and has over 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners worldwide and 20,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about?
Do you love solving challenging problems and delivering groundbreaking solutions? Do you like helping clients to get it right whether it means guiding design, implementation or deployment? Are you ready to grow your career by using your architecture and development expertise to bridge the gap between product and business?
Our Professional Services Center of Excellence is seeking a talented Architect who shares a real passion for technology, innovation and enthusiasm to exceed customer expectations and increase our best-in-class position.
Our team acquires a deep understanding of the customers’ business, its strategic goals and the specific requirements for managing a heterogeneous, hybrid cloud. As an architect, you'll use the technical abilities of the consulting team to lead, drive and own solutions which assists the customer in achieving their business goals and outcomes.
VMware's Professional Services Center of Excellence :
We work in enterprise markets and offer solutions scale with millions of objects. We consult the top Fortune 500 companies in the world on services such as Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, Storage and IT services Delivery. Our Automation and Orchestration Consultants work with VMware technologies which assist with the automation, orchestration and management of virtual infrastructure and Cloud.
We deliver solutions to help customers to fully benefit from the possibilities of a virtual infrastructure by integrating third party products and automating processes. To achieve this, the following VMware products are mainly but not solely used:
- vRealize Orchestrator
- vRealize Automation
- vRealize Operations
A typical day may include:
- You'll collaborate with project teams on larger projects. You'll guide and advise customers and colleagues while independently conducting small to medium engagements with clients.
- You'll analyze customer requirements. Break down high-level requirements to build out the delivery road map to design and implement pre-packaged technology solutions based on VMware Management product stack.
- You'll create customer-facing solution documentation and specifications.
- You'll write code and script to produce and refine custom solutions, focusing on test driven development and Agile methodologies as well as deploy and configure products.
- You'll research new technologies and provide technical guidance to management.
- You'll generate estimates and plans for delivery based on requirements and assumptions.
- You'll document standard methodologies in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by the team, customers and partners.
- You'll grow and maintain knowledge of the entire VMware product line.
- You're experienced in modern software development methodologies, with an emphasis on software architecture, and infrastructure design.
- You have strong application software development experience in Linux, Unix (e.g. Solaris) or Windows operating systems. Systems programming or OS internal level skills would be an advantage
- You have professional level English skills. You communicate clearly and write well and can explain just about anything to anyone, and you can communicate in writing and on the phone.
- Science degree (BSc, MSc) degree or equivalent technical training
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards; capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
- Understanding of modern IT production datacenter and Internet hosting operations
- A good practical understanding of Web-based application development, including cgi-bin, and Apache or IIS server platforms
- Experience as a professional services consultant or software engineer, preferably with an Internet, Cloud or “Big 5” consulting organization
- German, French, Spanish, Italian or another European language is a plus
- Ability to travel throughout Europe up to 25% as needed
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives.
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals.
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication.
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations.
This position is eligible for the JoinPSCoE referral campaign.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub