Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Software Architect, Internet of Things
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
Staff Software Engineer, Internet of Things
VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, is building a new family of VMware IoT offerings to help our customers expertly handle, operate, scale and protect their IoT projects from the edge to the cloud. We are seeking strong software engineers with a real passion for solving hard challenges in managing millions of devices, reliable messaging infrastructure, learning and applying knowledge of new trends for writing code and securing applications.
With 2017 revenue of $7.92 billion, VMware is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and has over 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners worldwide and 20,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about?
The VMware Internet of Things team in Sofia is seeking a talented engineer to build the next generation of IoT Solutions. Working on this product gives you a unique opportunity to understand the upcoming field of IoT and how it integrates with the rest of the VMware product portfolios.
This is a great opportunity for you to participate in new feature development using innovative technologies, for a large application domain, working in cross-team and cross-geo environment.
Are you passionate to join something new? Do you work very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things? Do you have a system-wide, architectural view of the solutions that you build, and you consistently tinker in various modules, from, UX, to database, and back-end design?
A close-knit, but growing team of engineers who are all eager to solve big challenges. We have the luxury to use the latest cutting-edge technologies like Java 9, Spring 5, Angular 6.
We use various methodologies development to meet business objectives, building our software incrementally, ship code continuously, and refactoring systems as needed. We strive to maintain a reasonable work-life balance on our team and to promote an atmosphere of learning from each other. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (Master Degree preferred) or relevant experience
- 8+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science expertise in object-oriented design
- Deep understanding in data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Excellence in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java (preferred), Golang, C#or related
- Experience leading a group of engineers through the design and implementation of several services and products that are developed in parallel
- Ability to mentor others and passion to share your knowledge and experience with the rest of the team
- Experience in communicating with technical teams, and product management to collect requirements, describe and clarify software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience in sharing knowledge with software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineering standard methodologies within your team
You might also have:
- Proficiency in handling scalability challenges in software
- Experience in common frameworks such as Spring and/or Apache Kafka
- Experience in handling (or preventing) technical debt
- Understanding of Maven or Gradle configurations for building, testing, and running applications.
- Proven grasp of software development lifecycle best-practices, methods, and conventions, including but not limited to Unit and Integration Testing, Source Code Management, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, Domain Driven Design, and Dependency Management
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company-sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by the learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food, and beverage program, sports activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings, and celebrations
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity, you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.