Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Service Development EngineerJob ID R1810356 Date posted 10/16/2018
Become a key contributor to the Cloud & Productivity Engineering team at VMware!
The Cloud & Productivity Engineering (CPE) team’s charter is to enable VMware R&D teams deliver and operate world-class cloud services. CPE aims to be the seamless partner for all VMware R&D teams. As part of CPE, Cloud Services Acceleration (CSA) team is a small team which focuses on three main areas – Service Management, Configuration & Asset Management and Automation.
As part of CSA, we will be working as a small and flexible team in a startup-like mode within VMware. As a member of the team you will be working on projects which are in collaboration with various cloud services and other internal VMware groups. Key responsibility of the team will be building and operating services and solutions end-to-end from requirements gathering, through development, implementation and support. This is an exciting opportunity to work with multiple domain of expertise and a dynamic work culture. If you are no stranger to the concept of providing and operating a service and if that motivates you, then this job will fit you well.
Our team focuses on common services which we provide to all VMware SaaS Services. We develop and operate solutions to support IT Service Management, Asset & Configuration Management (CMDB), and other means of automation which enhance the productivity of the service teams. As a Site Reliability Engineer in the Cloud Services Acceleration team, you will build and operate these solutions. We are a development team, but we are no strangers to IT processes and best practice frameworks neither.
Success in this role requires both technical and analytical skills, as well as understanding of the software development cycle and being able to frequently talk to customers and gather requirements. You should be comfortable working independently and as part of a dedicated team.
- Experience in working with DevOps engineering culture
- Experience administering systems in a production environment
- Experience with programming languages – GoLang, Java, Python or similar
- Experience with various data technologies including relational and non-relational databases and message queues
- Good working knowledge of build automation and continuous integration/delivery ecosystem: Git, Gerrit, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus, Artifactory. Selenium
- Understanding of system performance and monitoring
- Understanding of containers and container orchestration
- Understanding of Agile project management and the ability to work in a fast-paced and sometimes crazy work environment
- Experience with modern container orchestration systems: Kubernetes, Swarm, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration and automations processes and tools: Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Demonstrate skills in priority setting, analysis, communication, time management, scheduling, and multitasking
- Proven verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience working with IT Service Management Systems (such as ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, Jira Service Desk or similar) would help
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or a related field would help
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.