Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Senior UI Software Engineer
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
We are looking for talented professional who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence to help us build and operate world class SaaS offering and increase our market-leading position. We are targeting the service provider markets and our products must scale well with millions of objects so please bear in mind when applying that we need developers who understand (or are willing to learn) the specifics of the enterprise level programming.
In your everyday work you will use the latest Java technology including Spring, Go, REST, HTML5, Rabbit MQ, AWS, Docker containers, Kubernetes and others. Your will be working following agile methodologies and best practices in SaaS development. Your changes will reach production in a matter of days going through CI/CD pipeline build on top of modern technologies. You will have the opportunity to work on real world problems and then test your creativity in finding workaround, design and implement long-term solution.
- Design, implement and operate the next generation VMware’s SaaS
- Demonstrate a full competency and comprehensive knowledge of one or more technical fields
- Design solutions to complex features/problems involving other more junior team member
- Develop innovative ideas and solutions for projects
- Identify issues and critically evaluates implications of ideas or solutions
- Perform analysis of a workload and initiates solutions
- Have in-depth and/or breadth knowledge of components of a project and involved with design and implementation
- Have distinguishing technical expertise
- Research experimental methodology and promote best practices from the industry and works to implement them
- Promote collaboration and learning culture
- Generate ideas to reduce cost, improve quality and / or gain process efficiencies
- Have a minimum of 3 years of related experience
- On-Call Availability in case of emergency (sporadically)
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience as software developer in Java, Python or .NET
- Good understanding of basic computer network concepts
- General programming knowledge - data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc
- Practical experience with working in Linux based environments
- Experience with programming against relational and/or non-relational databased
- Solid grasp of software development lifecycle best-practices, methods, and conventions, including but not limited to Unit and Integration Testing, Source Code Management, Continuous Integration, Domain Driven Design, and Dependency Management
- Willingness to work without close supervision and with dedicated daring attitude
- Willingness to learn other programming languages
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Attractive compensation package
- Rare opportunity for professional development, enhanced by various training options, regular performance discussions, working with teams of worldwide Staffing and IT professionals
- Healthy work environment
- Work-life balance
- As part of the VMware global standards for integrity, you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
- All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.