Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Senior Technical Project Manager, Professional Services Center of Excellence
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
We are looking for a project manager with a proven track record for delivering high quality, well-architected products. As a project manager within the PS CoE team, you will build solutions that help customers to fully benefit from the capabilities of a virtual infrastructure by integrating open source and third party products and automating processes.
If you are a dynamic, highly motivated person, who is looking for professional growth and is up for the challenge, this is the place for you.
- Be part of an integrations and extensions team that works in collaboration with management, professional services, and R&D teams.
- Lead the execution of PS CoE integrations and extensions projects towards successful completion
- Analyze customer requirements to produce technical solutions based on VMware technologies.
- Develop and track detailed project plans, schedules, dependencies, critical paths
- Effectively collaborate with project stakeholders
- Clearly communicate with customers and upped management any risk areas; come up with risk mitigation plans
- Define estimates and plans for software delivery in conjunction with the team.
- Adhere to VMware internal processes during the whole development cycle – idea, patent, requirements, specifications, designs, implementation, bug fixing, QA, support, and so on.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Build and maintain confidence of colleagues and customers.
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line.
- Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates.
- Help document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by the team, customers and partners.
- Present custom solutions and articulate how business requirements are met to all levels of customer resource, from operators and consumers to highest management staff.
- Proven success leading projects in fast-paced, growing organization environment
- Deep (hands-on) knowledge in software development process - excellent understanding of software development and project management fundamentals
- Minimum 3 years of professional programming experience with one of the following OOP languages: Java, C++, or C#.
- At least 3 years of experience as a professional services manager, consultant or an engineer, preferably with an Internet, Cloud or “Big 5” consulting organization.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work without close supervision and with proactive, goal-oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards; capacity and performance management and tuning; storage and network management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English language: speaking, reading, and writing.
- The applicant must be available to work full-time in Sofia.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
Any of the following competences and skills will be considered a strong plus:
- Fluency in German, French, Spanish, Italian or another European language.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives.
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals.
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication.
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process. before you join.
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.