Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Senior Solutions Engineer / .NET
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
The Content Strategy & Operations team at VMware is looking for a full-time Solutions Engineer to help guide the evolution of the growing development team in the organization.
Do you have a passion for developing robust solutions, combined with an understating of what makes engaging content across different channels? In this role, you will provide the technical leadership for the engineering group that designs, builds, and supports an industry-leading toolchain that enables doc creation and publishing across VMware. You will influence and shape development processes and strategic decisions, in order to help with the evolution and growth of the group.
You will have an influential role in all phases of product development, including: capturing requirements/user stories, system architecture, the design/prototyping process, authoring specifications, implementation, and testing for features developed.
- Team leader in a growing R&D team working on both frontend and backend solutions
- Represent and advocate for the team to senior management
- Operate as a technical strategist for a content development platform for an internal audience
- Play a key role in specification, design, and implementation of internal VMware tooling solutions
- Design and develop integrations with customer-facing platforms such as VMware Docs and VMware Code
- Collaborate with a group of software engineers to deliver on software projects using industry-standard development processes (Agile/SCRUM).
- Lead the development process to ensure code quality and predictable delivery of new features
- Write and promote clean, maintainable and efficient code that follows industry standards
- Represent VMware to tooling vendors and build relationships to advocate for the company
- As a senior member of the team, mentor and lead the efforts of other team members
Required Skills and Experience
- 5-7 years of experience with crafting and developing highly reliable, available and distributed services.
- Proven experience with .NET or Java development
- Strong knowledge of web front-end technologies, such as React or Angular
- Understanding of web infrastructure (IIS/Tomcat/Nginx), distributed systems, and continuous integration (Jenkins/Maven)
- Relational database and DBA experience (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Ability to define system architectures and specifications as part of the development process
- Understanding of overall QA methodologies and processes
- Knowledge of virtualization solutions as well as AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/related technical field or equivalent experience
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.