Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Senior Software Engineer - vSphere ESX Agent Manager
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
The ESX Agent Manager team is looking for technically savvy engineers to join our team in Sofia, Bulgaria. We are looking for smart, innovative and hard-working candidates, that are very interested in designing and developing new and exciting technologies in the space of vSphere/ESXi LifeCycle.
vSphere ESX Agent Manager (ЕАМ) is an intermediary between vCenter and a solution which provisions Agent VMs (a special VM type) and VIBs (bundle of metadata and binary installable on ESX) for the solution onto a scope in vCenter. It monitors the changes of the Agent VMs and scope in vCenter, and reports them back to the solution. ЕАМ is also integrated with vCenter features such as DRS, addition of host to cluster, High Availability, DRM, and maintenance mode.
- Design and implement parts of the next generation architecture for VMware’s virtualization products
- Be a part of a software development team, working in collaboration with product management and technical publications teams to develop high-quality software products
- Analyze product requirements
- Create functional, architecture and design specifications
- Develop and maintain code, and perform code reviews
- Experience in the OO design and implementation of different server side components and / or libraries.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering – with at least 5 years of experience
- Proficiency in Java, Python experience is a plus
- Excellent computer science skills - data structures, algorithms, etc.
- Strong knowledge on object oriented principles, concepts and best practices
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to drive projects without supervision and with proactive goal-oriented attitude
- Willing to innovate and share knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English
- Ability to grasp new technologies/design ideas and build on them rapidly
- Proactive - drive quality and completeness in your deliverables without always waiting to be given directions
- Dependability - deliver on your milestones - others' deliverables might be depending on your work
- Flexibility/Adaptability - sometimes goals change; be ready to work on new challenges and help out wherever required
- Participation – be vocal in team meetings with your opinions
- Inquisitiveness – learn about all our great technologies and have fun! VMware is a fast-paced place to work where many innovative products/solutions are created - be a fully engaged, contributory member of this ecosystem
The ESXi LifeCycle suite of products consists of Auto Deploy (provides the infrastructure for network deployment of stateless ESXi hosts) and Host Profiles (automates the host configuration), VMWare Update Manager (a.k.a VUM, which automates patch and upgrade management of both hosts and guests), ESXi Installer/Image Builder (which manages image content creation), hardware health management (via SNMP and CIM) and ESX Agent Manager. Тhe EAM team will be part of the new ESXi LifeCycle team being built up in Sofia. This team will drive one of the several big components in a totally new and modern architecture which goal is to bring the ESXi LifeCycle area to the next level of usability, performance and resilience.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.