Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Senior Software Engineer, PS CoE
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
Do you love solving challenging problems and delivering groundbreaking solutions? Do you like helping clients to get it right whether it means guiding design, implementation or deployment? Are you ready to grow your career by using your architecture and development expertise to bridge the gap between product and business?
We're seeking an experienced Engineer to join VMware's Professional Services Center of Excellence.
Who we are
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. Our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define, and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 15,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, creative and driven group of people passionate about the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community.
About the team
We consult the top Fortune 500 companies in the world on Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, Storage and IT services Delivery. We work with VMware technologies which assist with the automation, orchestration, and management of virtual infrastructure and Cloud.
A typical day
You'll apply your expertise to help customers to fully benefit from the possibilities of a virtual infrastructure by integrating third party products and automating processes. You'll conduct small to medium engagements both individually and as a team. You'll work hands on with customers to extend products and develop solutions based on the VMware Management product stack.
You'll assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, scope of work and standard estimates. You'll document the most effective procedures in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by the team, customers and partners.
- You're experienced with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software architecture and networking and infrastructure design.
- You've worked hands on analyzing customer requirements to produce custom solutions for deployment and configuration at client site. Craft customer-facing solution documentation and specifications.
- Your English is excellent. You communicate clearly and write well and can explain just about anything to anyone, and you can communicate in writing and on the phone in English.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent technical training
- Experience with an Internet, Cloud or “Big 5” consulting organization
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards; capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
- Understanding of virtual IT production datacenter and Internet hosting operations
- A practical understanding of web based application development and application platforms
- Proficient in German, French, Spanish, Italian or another European language is a plus
- Ability to travel throughout EU up to 25% if needed
Equal Employment Opportunity
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join. VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service. We encourage applicants of all ages. We will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.