Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Senior Software Engineer, Java/ Spring
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. VMware is one of the fastest-growing public software companies. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide the more than 20000+ passionate people we employ in 120+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
Job Role and Responsibility
Our organization supports VMware R&D function with platforms and systems capabilities. In addition, we are transforming our software delivery practices to bring in greater agility. We also use the latest technologies to deliver new digital experiences for employees, customers and partners. We value innovation and empower our employees to do their best work and grow their careers at VMware.
- You love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You have strong technical programming skills and can easily switch between programming languages including Java, Python or Shell scripting
- You enjoy working with some of the best engineers, architects and learning from them
- You normally set high standards for yourself and strive to excel and to innovate
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3-4 years of solid software development experience with Java and Spring framework
- Interest in designing, analyzing and solving large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with micro-services development.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Knowledge of containerization and cloud services frameworks.
- Experience in monitoring of cloud based systems (is a plus)
- Strong commitment to writing high quality Java Code.
- Good Presentation Skills
- Open source code contributions
- Experience with Platform as a Service (PaaS) such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku or similar
- Established experience in public speaking at user groups, conferences etc.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or Spring Developer certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.