Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Senior Software Engineer - Analytics & Cloud-assisted Services
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
The Platform Services engineering group is looking for talented software engineers to grow our engineering team. VMware is in its journey towards the Cloud and our team is part of this transformation. We are building a group of could-based services that enhance the vSphere functionality. We also play a key part in transforming our customers’ user experience by using data to build a more personalized approach to providing prescriptive methodologies, resolving technical issues and predicting issues before they occur.
- Design and implement the next generation architecture of VMware's virtualization products
- Be part of a software development team working in collaboration with management, quality assurance, user experience and technical publications teams
- You will define/analyze the product requirements, write/read functional and design specifications, write/support the code
- You will perform code reviews to the rest of the team members and will receive code reviews of your code as well
- You will have to adhere to VMware internal processes during the whole development cycle – idea, patent, requirements, specifications, designs, implementation, bug fixing, QA, support, etc.
- Experience with product development or strong willingness to switch from outsourcing to product development
- General programming knowledge - object oriented principles, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc.
- Professional programming experience in Java and related technologies
- Experience with distributed systems
- Confirmed background in fundamentals of computer science and development process
- Willingness to innovate, learn and share knowledge, invent and patent new algorithms and technologies
- Experience with enterprise architectures – remote method invocations, extensive, stateless designs, load balancing, SSL security, etc.
- Experience with web services (rest, soap, wsdl etc.)
- Experience with multi-tiered architectures (Service-Application-Presentation)
- Willingness to use different programming languages to address the specific product needs (Python, Batch Scripting, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work without close supervision and with dedicated visionary attitude
- Willing to practice into other roles like code review, pair programming, QE automation
- Excellent social skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with GitLab
- Experience with building and operating cloud services
- Experience with Python
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Working with cutting edge technologies and development processes
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, improved by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.