Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer - SREJob ID R183380 Date posted 04/27/2018
Senior Site Reliability Engineer – VMware Cloud Services Infrastructure
Join us and become a key contributor to cloud evolution at VMware. As an SRE, you will help build and maintain VMware's next generation cloud infrastructure platform, as part of a passionate, hard-working and culturally diverse team.
VMware’s globally distributed infrastructure platform is built using a combination of industry-standard open-source solutions and internally developed applications, and is backed by the Kubernetes eco-system running on public cloud providers. The platform powers VMware's largest SaaS products in production, including VMware Cloud on AWS, so uptime and reliability are key metrics that directly affect the experience of VMware customers. The platform team are responsible for providing infrastructure services and tools to internal teams as self-service systems, so engineering teams can focus on delivering value to customers.
The platform team collaborates across several geos with on-call schedules to help things run smoothly at all times, with blameless post-mortems carried out when they don’t. There is a major focus on automating manual tasks and removing repetitive work wherever possible and practical to do so. Self-direction and project work is encouraged, with senior engineers providing mentoring for those who wish to expand their horizons and technical expertise or improve their full-stack engineering skills. Open-source contributions are key to our success and allow us to give back to the community while improving the toolsets we rely on every day.
The SRE role is a great fit for engineers who want to own production solutions while getting hands on with a wide variety of the latest and greatest open-source technologies, and love to push the boundaries of what cloud infrastructure software and tooling can achieve.
=== RESPONSIBILITIES: ===
- Working closely with internal software engineering teams to improve availability of services.
- Handling upgrades of infrastructure and services through automation.
- Identifying, gathering and automating responses to key performance metrics, logs, and alerts.
- Developing software runbooks.
- Conduct periodic on call duties as needed on a regular scheme basis.
- Use Container platforms such as Kubernetes for large scale deployment of micro-services.
- Maintain infrastructure as a code.
=== MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: ===
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Systems and solution design experience.
- Comfortable writing shell-scripts, preferably Bash.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Python (preferred), Go or Java.
- Fluent in English.
=== PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: ===
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Understanding of common networking theory such as TCP/UDP protocols and load-balancing.
- Experience in monitoring of cloud based systems.
- Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration.
- Familiarity with public cloud architecture.
- Experience with micro-services development practices.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Excellent skills in process, documentation, and change management.
=== VMWARE OFFERS: ===
- Opportunity to be part of the top management and decision-making team of the subsidiary and improve skills and knowledge by working in an enterprise multinational, multicultural environment of overseas and distributed teams.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives.
- Individual career path and personal growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.