Cloud Services Platform - Billing 2.0 Tech lead
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
VMware Cloud Services Platform (CSP) is looking for an Engineering lead to build and architect VMware's next-generation Subscription Billing Platform to support VMware's SaaS product offerings. You will co-engineer platform features with R&D Engineers as well as partner with various services to satisfy their commerce needs.
About the team:
- The Cloud Services Platform (CSP) R&D group charter is to implement the cloud runtime platform that enables VMware to deliver Software-as-a-Service, and service providers to customize, extend and monetize cloud services. This is an exciting area to work in which crosses multiple domains of expertise in a dynamic work culture. If understanding what value cloud can bring to our customers and experiencing what SaaS is all about motivates you, plus you are thrilled by delivering daily, then this job is for you.
- Our group, which operates similarly to a startup within the larger organization, is breaking new ground within the cloud arena and uses modern technologies such as Python, Java, Golang, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, microservices architectures and more. As a member of our team you will master the entire application life-cycle including application architecture and application deployment architecture, development, testing (dev owns quality), continuous deployment and continuous delivery up until to production.
- Collaborate with project team members and cross functional product teams to design and implement the billing capabilities for VMware services.
- You will be a guide in the entire application life-cycle including research, design, development, testing (dev owns quality), along with continuous deployment and delivery
- Push the envelope in adopting new technologies, best design practices to ensure our products are the best in usability
- Develop complex, highly available, distributed, cloud-based solutions, and maintain its high level of quality software
- Challenge you to walk in a different path and to deliver quickly while maintaining a high quality
- Engineer highly resilient systems and be responsible for availability and scalability of the service.
- Provide technical leadership to team members and be a team player.
- Lead design and code reviews with a major focus on best user experience, performance, scalability and future expansion.
- You will deliver billing platform capabilities in an agile fashion while maintaining high software engineering practices.
- You will work directly with peer R&D groups, IT teams and Business Operations teams to align on the needs of the products and operations.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers and seek opportunity to bring in continuous improvements to implement front-end best practices.
- 8+ years of Engineering experience with a proven track record of delivering highly scalable and resilient systems.
- Experience integrating with J2EE technologies (Spring Framework) is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience utilizing object-oriented patterns and design best practices.
- Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment.
- Excellent presentation, interaction and communication skills along with the ability to collaborate effectively across functional organizations.
- Prior experience developing Cloud Native Applications is a critical need
- Significant expertise in designing robust APIs and well versed in data synchronization between sub-systems
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming language
- Experience in data models and query language
- Ability to drive projects spanning multiple groups
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/Mercurial/ SVN
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technologies as needed
- Excellent communication skills essential
- Strong social skills and experience in engaging executives and Engineers
- Expertise with DevOps practices and CI/CD tool chains to improve software delivery velocity
The ideal candidate must have extensive development experience with good taste in design and can provide architectural and modeling vision and hands-on technical leadership to a team. Past experience in large scale commerce application design and development is critical. Designing for richness, flexibility, preciseness, performance, reliability and scalability is critical.
If working on large real-world problems, anticipating future customer requirements and delivering them on an aggressive schedule motivates you, then this job is for you.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub