Senior Software Engineer, Blockchain
Sofia, - BulgariaApply Now Job ID R1906043
Blockchainis an emerging technology that promises to change the world we live in. With VMware’s vast experience in building highly trusted distributed systems and our background in doing advanced research in this space for several years, we are poised to change the industry’s definition of blockchain and what it can do. We are building out a team of highly skilled individuals to help us change the industry and change the world.
VMware’s blockchain platform is a multi-cloud, multi-blockchain hybrid SaaS solution. Our team works oncutting edgetechnology to deliver improved management and security tools for our own blockchain environment as well as others from across the industry. You will work with a team of talented and supportive individuals from across the world as well as members of the academic community and VMware’s Research Group in this role. Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware’s EPIC2 values.
- Contribute to the implementation of a blockchain environment including but not limited to the consensus layer, distributed ledger, and smart contracts layer. This could include dealing with the data layer, the security layer, or a distributed network layer
- Collaborate effectively with other engineers to solve complex problems
- Assist with debugging and verification of defects in your own and others' work
- 10+ Industry experience
- Degree in CS or related field
- Deep understanding of multi-threaded programming and concurrency, experience designing, implementing and debugging distributed systems
- Knowledge of cryptography, Merkel tree, hash functions (SHA1 etc.), blockchain technology, familiarity with Ethereum, Bitcoin, Hyperledger etc is a Plus
- Experience in one of the following disciplines:
- Security (cryptography preferred)
- Peer-to-peer networks or distributed systems
- Experience with C++
- Exposure to multiple programming languages is desired, as the ability to pick up and use the language that suits a body of work is expected
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub