Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Software Engineer in AutomationJob ID R182746 Date posted 03/29/2018
VMware Site Recovery Manager™ (SRM) is industry-leading disaster recovery software to enable application availability and mobility across sites in private cloud environments with policy-based management, non-disruptive testing and automated orchestration. It works in conjunction with various replication solutions including VMware vSphere Replication™ to automate the process of migrating, recovering, testing, re-protecting and failing-back virtual machine workloads. VMware Site Recovery™ service offers efficient, simple, and on-demand site protection as a service for VMware Cloud on AWS.
This is a position within VMware automation teams. Teams consist of experienced developers and quality engineers who constantly deliver complex end-to-end automation solutions. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of automation solutions (or a vertical part of them) by utilizing the full range of virtualization and automation technologies by VMware, third party vendors and the open-source community.
- Analyze product requirements and functional specifications
- Identify the best test strategies and define design specifications
- Build maintainable, high quality and effective automated tests on top of various automation tools and frameworks
- Build/extend a fault tolerant system used for test execution and result analysis
- Design and implement reusable domain specific tool kits to be used for specific automation testing
- Implement "out of the box" solutions to optimize test execution performance
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- At least 2 years of professional experience in software development
- Experience with enterprise architecture and integration principles – rest, soap, extensive XML usage, stateless designs, etc.
- Solid grasp of software development process' best-practices, methods and conventions, including but not limited to Unit and Integration Testing, Source Code Management, Continuous Integration, Domain Driven Design, and Dependency Management
- General programming knowledge - data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to work without close supervision and with enthusiastic, ambitious attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing)
Strong plus will be:
- Proficient in Networking and/or operating systems: Windows, Linux or Unix
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path, growing management and technical career, improved by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals;
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
Before you join, we will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.