Senior Global People Development Manager - EMEA
Sofia, - BulgariaApply Now Job ID R1911622-3
Continuous learning fuels innovation. The leader for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Global People Development (GPD) team will drive the people development needs across the geography consulting with all lines of business including Product, Go to Market and Business Operations. S/he will report to the head of Global People Development and be part of a worldwide team designing and delivering best in class global professional, leadership and management development solutions that accelerate talent impact. The successful candidate will work closely with their global GPD counterparts, local HR Business and Management Partners and the EMEA business and functional leaders. S/he will be a thought leader accustomed to working in a fast-paced and growing company and unencumbered with legacy mindsets. Success in this role will be measured against the business impact and return we see from our investment in people - our most important asset.
- Consult with and partner to the business leaders on their organization and talent development needs to drive sustained business performance and increased employee engagement and productivity.
- Drive Global professional, leadership and management development programs and solutions (performance, top talent, career development, succession, values/organizational culture, new employee experience and orientation etc.) for all lines of business, with a bias for leveraging global content, building and adapting locally only as needed.
- Strongly contribute on a worldwide level to identify and drive global solutions for all regions and lines of business, some of which may emerge from local opportunities.
- Be a bridge builder across the physical and organizational boundaries to integrate and align businesses and ensure our approaches to development are consistent, aligned, and efficient.
- Continually assess organizational strengths and improvement opportunities to drive a future oriented talent strategy.
- Deliver learning solutions and experiences that are powerful, scalable and bring measurable, lasting and sustained return.
- Be a trusted advisor to the HR Business and Management Partner community to provide subject matter expertise as they work with managers and leaders to improve the performance of their businesses
- Use multiple sources of data to analyze and ensure a strong return on our people investments.
- Align and integrate GPD offerings with those of the other functional disciplines such as Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition and Inclusion & Diversity, Sales Enablement (RACE) and Technical/R&D education
- Program manage and lead large-scale learning engagements both locally and globally.
- Collaborate and co-operate with the global team on people programs to support organizational development and the company’s culture.
- Directly facilitate at events (e.g. new employee orientation) and workshops
- Passionate about learning, developing people, unlocking their potential and enhancing their performance.
- Enjoy and excel at facilitating learning sessions and workshops and developing and designing solutions.
- Energized by working with diverse people, connecting ideas and building alignment for needs and solutions.
- Curious to learn and explore new areas of work and critically evaluate problem statements.
- Interest in, and engaged by a technology driven culture, product and solution set.
- Strong inter-personal skills and articulate with the ability to connect with a broad range of stakeholders.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- At least 5 years of diverse HR experience or as a business leader with expertise in professional, leadership and management development, team effectiveness and facilitation.
- Strong consultative skills including the ability to diagnose the health of the business, translate business challenges into organization and talent opportunities, and to partner across the business and HR to design learning and experience-oriented solutions to improve business and employee performance.
- Proven track record of quickly establishing credibility and building strong and productive working relationships both domestically and global across a variety of business and HR partners.
- Keen knowledge of the external landscape, especially emerging trends in talent and business solutions, technologies and development approaches.
- Extensive experience conceiving, designing and implementing key people programs and initiatives.
- Demonstrated success working as part of a global business team.
- BS/BA/advanced degree or equivalent
- Experience across multiple European, Middle East and African countries a plus
The position will ideally be based in Staines, UK, but Cork, Ireland and Sofia, Bulgaria are also options. Modest travel, primarily within the region will be required.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub