Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Senior Front End Developer – CX
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
VMware's IT Colleague Experience (CX) team is looking for a talented senior front-end software engineer to join our team. As a CX software engineer at VMware, you’ll be a vital part of our team as we work on evolving the tools and services we offer to VMware employees globally with modern design, inspiring prototypes, and the newest technologies. You will succeed through creativity, collaboration, and prompt delivery. You will be working in an exceptional team respected for its innovation and execution. Together with the team you will conceptualize, design, and build new employee facing products from scratch or add new features with existing services/tools. If you love shipping software that captivates its users, then this opportunity is for you.
While VMware is a big company, the Colleague Experience team feels more like a “start-up” within a leading IT organization. We are a diverse team of talented designers and developers focused on delivering delightful user experiences through thoughtful and aesthetically-pleasing design. We have been given the rare and exciting opportunity to explore new IT applications of innovative technologies such as AR, VR, Artificial Intelligence, and IoT. We aim to accomplish these ambitious goals with a deep understanding of IT realities while continuing to drive impactful R&D projects simultaneously.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will:
- Collaborate with CX team and other technical teams to build new product concepts that inspire users to connect through visually-pleasing and usable prototypes and interactions.
- Work closely with an international team of designers, developers and user researchers.
- Learn, understand, and apply new technology and identify implementation issues that affect design; support engineering efforts to develop designs and get the details right.
- Participate and contribute to testing and validation of new products from rough concepts to high-fidelity prototypes.
- You will take part in end-to-end system architecture, working with back-end engineers.
Your Required Skills:
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Expertise in other core skills: HTML/CSS, data structures, algorithms, CS design patterns and principles, optimization, etc.
- Experience with design and development of complex user interfaces
- Working knowledge of standard design tools - Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc.
- Good judgment, superior people skills, and excellent oral and written communication skills
You Preferably Have:
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Python, SQL, GraphQL, and other similar languages
- Interest in working with IoT, VR, AR, and MR (experience a big plus)
- Proven design and UX sensibilities
- We like thinkers and we love doers even more
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
- As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.