Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Senior Engineer Professional Services Center of Excellence with DevOps focus
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 15,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community.
The goal of the engineers in the Professional Services Center of Excellence with DevOps focus is to help our customers in transforming their delivery processes and activities to incorporate industry leading software development and infrastructure operations (“DevOps”) practices that expeditiously deliver Customer software to end users. This service addresses the assessment and recommendation of operational capabilities, technology and readiness necessary for Customer to continuously deliver their application services in a prescriptive and consistent way leveraging an open approach to DevOps practices. To achieve consistently successful business outcomes, VMware collaborates with Customer subject matter experts in assessing, recommending, and documenting changes necessary to achieve optimal delivery processes. This collaborative effort is based on industry best practices in the following Service Foundation areas:
- Software Development Lifecycle (“SDLC”)
- Source Code Management (“SCM”)
- Continuous Integration (“CI”)
- Artifact Repository (“AR”)
- Release Pipeline Automation (“CD”)
- Configuration Management (“CM”)
Our team is looking for talented professionals who share our passion for technology, innovation and excellence to help us exceed customer expectations and increase our market-leading position.
- Be part of an integration and automation team that works in collaboration with management, professional services, and R&D teams.
- Analyze customer requirements to produce technical solutions based on integrations and extensions of VMware and 3rd party industry leading technologies
- Independently conduct small to medium engagements with customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Define estimates and plans for software delivery in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Amend and refine custom solutions on-site in an agile manner.
- Perform code reviews to other team members and receive code reviews of your code.
- Adhere to VMware internal processes during the whole development cycle – idea, patent, requirements, specifications, designs, implementation, bug fixing, QA, support, and so on.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Build and maintain confidence of colleagues and customers.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong professional programming experience with one of the following OOP languages: Java, C# or C++
- Strong automation and integration skills with source control systems such as: Git, Gerrit, Artifactory
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Ability to automate common tasks related to Windows and Linux configuration
- Good understanding of Networking concepts
- Good understanding of SDLC, SCM, CI, AR, CD and CM concepts
- Ability to work without close supervision and with proactive, goal-oriented attitude.
- Willingness to use different programming languages to address specific project needs.
- Fluent in English language: speaking, reading, and writing.
- The applicant must be available to work full-time in Sofia.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
Any of the following competences and skills will be considered a strong plus:
- Experience with containers such as: Docker, LXD, etc
- Experience with Continuous Integration Systems such as: Jenkins, Bamboo, etc
- Fluency in German, French, Spanish, Italian or another European language.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives.
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals.
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication.
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.