Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Senior DevOps Engineer- Engineering Service Organization
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
We are looking for Senior Software Engineer with strong Linux platform and Java expertise for our Engineering Services team within the Cloud Management business unit.
- You will design and implement the infrastructure layer of top VMware products, based on Linux Virtual Appliances and containers
- You will define and analyze product requirements, write/read functional and design specifications, write and support the code
- You will perform code reviews to the rest of the team members and will receive code reviews of your code as well
- You will have to adhere to VMware internal processes during the whole development cycle – idea, , requirements, specifications, designs, implementation, bug fixing, testing and support, etc.
- As a senior engineer, you should be taking a leading role within the team
Requirements and preferred skills:
- Professional experience in Linux operating system
- Knowledge in scripting languages (Python) and Bash scripting
- Professional programming in Java and related technologies
- Experience with distributed systems and multi-tiered architectures
- Experience with product development or strong willingness to switch from outsourcing to product development
- General programming knowledge - object oriented principles, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc.
- Solid background in fundamentals of computer science and development process
- Willingness to innovate, learn and share knowledge, invent and patent new algorithms and technologies
- Web services, REST
- Experience in relational databases, PostgreSQL is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Work without close supervision and with proactive goal-oriented attitude
- Practice in code reviews, pair programming and test automation
- Fluent in English
A strong plus will be:
- Experience in Spring Framework
- Linux RPM package development
- Willingness to develop both front and back end applications
- Experience working in an agile, devops like environment
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.