Senior Developer, PSCoE
Sofia, - BulgariaApply Now Job ID R1902528
PS CoE (Professional Services Center of Excellence) is an organization that develops integrations of VMware products and 3rd party products into complete solutions, automates business processes and develops additional capabilities to existing products.
PS CoE consultants are engineers, who work by the highest software development standards to deliver business critical solutions to Fortune 500 top customers. PS CoE consultants interact directly with VMware customers.
To achieve this, the following VMware products are mainly but not solely used:
- vRealize Automation /Orchestrator/ Operations
- vCloud Director
- SaaS based VMware products
A typical day may include:
You'll translate customer business requirements into custom developed solution based on the VMware products ,thus you will need to:
- Understand requirements, provide estimates and stick to commitments
- Prepare software design
- Communicate effectively with your team mates, Project Managers and clients
- Follow well define Software Development Lifecycle process
- Follow strict quality standards and best practices
- Document well your solution
- Be enthusiastic in presenting, writing articles, demos, mentoring
- Excellent knowledge in data structures and algorithms
- Experience as Software Developer in Services companies
- Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software architecture and networking/infrastructure design.
- Experience in customer facing roles
- Experience in scripting – PowerShell, Bash
- Knowledge in Infrastructure – DNS, AD, OSI Layers
- Your English is excellent. You communicate clearly and write well and can explain just about anything to anyone, and you can communicate in writing and on the phone.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent technical training
Preferred (but not mandatory):
- Understanding of virtual IT production data center and Internet hosting operations
- Understanding in VMware products
- Understanding Atlassian stack
- Understanding OpenStack
- Understanding Hyper-Scaler services like Google Cloud, AWS, Azure
- Understanding in other infrastructure related software – ServiceNow, IPAM, HPSM, CISCO F5
- Ability to travel Globally up to 25% if needed
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
This position is eligible for the JoinPSCoE referral campaign.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub