Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Senior Developer / Professional Services
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
PS CoE (Professional Services Center of Excellence) is an organization that develops integrations of VMware products and 3rd party products into complete solutions, automates business processes and develops additional capabilities to existing products. PS CoE consultants are engineers, who work by the highest software development standards to deliver business critical solutions to Fortune 500 top customers. PS CoE consultants interact directly with VMware customers.
To achieve this, the following VMware products are mainly but not solely used:
- vRealize Automation /Orchestrator/ Operations
- vCloud Director
- SaaS based VMware products
A typical day may include
You'll translate customer business requirements into custom developed solution based on the VMware products ,thus you will need to:
- Understand requirements, provide estimates and stick to commitments
- Prepare software design
- Communicate effectively with your team mates, Project Managers and clients
- Follow well define Software Development Lifecycle process
- Follow strict quality standards and best practices
- Document well your solution
- Be enthusiastic in presenting, writing articles, demos, mentoring
- Excellent knowledge in data structures and algorithms
- Experience as Software Developer in Services companies
- Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software architecture and networking/infrastructure design.
- Experience in customer facing roles
- Experience in scripting – PowerShell, Bash
- Knowledge in Infrastructure – DNS, AD, OSI Layers
- Your English is excellent. You communicate clearly and write well and can explain just about anything to anyone, and you can communicate in writing and on the phone.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent technical training
Preferred (but not mandatory)
- Understanding of virtual IT production data center and Internet hosting operations
- Understanding in VMware products
- Understanding Atlassian stack
- Understanding OpenStack
- Understanding Hyper-Scaler services like Google Cloud, AWS, Azure
- Understanding in other infrastructure related software – ServiceNow, IPAM, HPSM, CISCO F5
- Ability to travel Globally up to 25% if needed
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.