Senior Business Analyst - Business Intelligence, Data Sciences and Advanced Analytics
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
Job Role and Responsibility:
- Direct partner engagement with business teams and management of partner relationships
- Lead BI/ML/data science projects, taking ownership of successful completion for the end to end life cycle
- Provide support to business partners by developing dashboards, reports, visualizations, advanced analytics models to answer business questions
- Create in-depth business requirements across functions, such as Sales, HR and Finance, for large company driven projects
- Partner closely with IT teams on functional requirements and design to drive successful end state solutions and user experiences
- Work on a multitude of reporting and advanced analytics projects across business functions.
- Solve a real-life business problem that requires processing/analyzing TBs of data and handling variety of data sources
- Perform some exploratory data analysis – identifying trends and key drivers of metrics
- Develop expertise on business processes, lifecycles, and data drivers to recommend BI solutions and drive requirement discussions
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies
- Perform UAT activities to validate whether requirements are being met
- Collaborate on the definition of KPI’s and metrics to monitor and drive the business
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in business analysis, report/visualization development, implementation of Business Intelligence Solutions
- Technical knowledge and experience working with the industry leading BI tools required, such as SAP BOBJ / WebI, Tableau, Mode Analytics
- Proficient in SQL and experience with efficient processing of large data sets. Ability to write sophisticated and optimized queries against large databases
- Intermediate knowledge of at least one programming language, ideally Python or R
- Good understanding of statistical analysis and techniques: Classification analysis (Decision trees, Random forest, GBM, Linear and Logistic regression analysis, ANOVA, Hypothesis testing, Cluster analysis, PCA)
- Exposure or familiarity with data science / advanced analytics concepts and practices (e.g. ML, data mining)
- Functional knowledge of business domains such as Finance, Deal Management, Pricing, HR, Sourcing, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to use a consultative approach and persuasive communication with business partners
- Ability to take initiative and to set priorities independently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, with preference for Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Finance or Business Administration
- Good understanding of API connections and data pipelining
- Knowledge with Natural Language Processing
- Experience with web scraping
- Understanding of different model performance metrics and hyperparameters optimization
- Business Acumen, ability to translate business needs into a set of workable, specific requirements
- Well versed with MS PowerPoint/Visio
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub