Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Senior Backend engineer - vCloud DirectorJob ID R1905810 Date posted 05/10/2019
The VMware vCloud Director team is looking for a full-time senior engineer to help drive the evolution of our product.
Our product is servicing our large community of service and cloud providers and it is responsible to provide a multi-tenancy layer on top of the existing VMware technology stack. We allow hundreds and thousands of customers to run virtual machines in this multi-tenant environment via their VMware-defined clouds.
Are you passionate about high-quality software and code standards? Do you enjoy working with world-class engineers, who push themselves and their peers to the limits? Can you meet bold delivery dates and work with tight schedules? Can you lead efficiently a team of excellent engineers and engage with engineers, Product Managers and Product Owners from other geographies and continue to write quality code?
As a member of our team you will develop and improve the vCloud Director product working closely with other specialists and product managers in our organization in Sofia and Boston. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop key product features based on cloud providers' needs
- Help hire and lead a multi-functional team of UI and backend engineers responsible for the end-to-end implementation of product features
- Solve technical challenges related to large data manipulation and high-performance systems
- Take the initiative to improve our products, tools, and processes by taking into account the global goals of the company
- Develop a keen understanding of cloud architectures
- Apply for patents on groundbreaking work in the cloud management space
- Engage directly with cloud providers to understand better their use cases and problems to tackle
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Deep understanding of core computer science fundamentals as algorithms, data structures, operating systems, distributed systems, and multi-threaded programming
- Ability to work fully independently on assignments as well as a part of a distributed team
- Define the design of product features and look for inefficiencies and proactively suggest and implement solutions for them
- Ability to mentor others and passion to share your knowledge and experience with the rest of the team
- Flexibility in learning new programming languages, frameworks, and tools
- Experience with at least one programming language such as Java (strongly preferred), C#, C/C++, etc.
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Knowledge in the networking domain is considered a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Opportunity to tackle tough problems as part an elite engineering team
- Attractive compensation package with competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, and long-term incentives
- Individual career growth enhanced by learning and development programs, objective performance assessment, and opportunity to work with international teams on various projects
- Healthy work environment with company sponsored medical insurance program, sport activities, and open communication
- Work-life balance tailored to your needs, paid vacation, paid sick leave, regular celebrations events
VMware Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be treated fairly and given equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment, including compensation and benefits, irrespective of their race, color, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or ethnic origin.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.