Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Open Source Security Engineer
Sofia-Capital, BulgariaApply Now
You will be part of the Open Source Technology Center, part of a team of experienced open source developers all over the world. This role will be mainly focused on development on upstream open source projects. The focus of this role is to contribute to and ultimately grow into more influential positions in existing open source projects relevant to VMware in the area of open source software security. This role will interface closely with senior architects inside VMware as well as existing communities of contributors for these projects outside of VMware.
A successful candidate will be proficient in core software engineering skills, including debugging, analysis, and problem resolution, writing maintainable software, and translating requirements into implementation. Open source software development is a highly collaborative effort; strong communication skills are required for effective code review, written technical discussions, including advocating for a specific solution to a given problem in a geographically diverse set of contributors.
We are looking for a motivated developer who can quickly engage and create meaningful contributions to upstream projects. A successful candidate will be able to show expertise in open source development and contribution as well as relevant technical skills in one or more prominent projects. They can communicate clearly the role of these projects in the context of related projects.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong English skills, including persuasive writing
- Good at collaboration, across time zones and geographies
- Interest in learning, understanding other points of view, growing existing ideas and combining them with new ones
- At least one, ideally a number of demonstrable, meaningful contribution to existing open source project(s)
- Experience in the security domain of software engineering
- Independently evaluate, analyze, and resolve typical software problems
- Strong programming skills in at least one programming language: C, C++, Java, Go, Ruby, Python
- Good algorithmic and problem solving skills
- BS or better in computer science or related field
- Experience creating and operating security tooling and scripting (linters, fuzzers, etc.)
- Experience in platform security principles (least privileged design, software lockdown, auditing, security monitoring)
- Linux/Unix, OS X, and Windows security knowledge and experience
- Strong understanding of the core principles of confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Understanding of cryptography and prior experience in using symmetric key and asymmetric key encryption algorithms and libraries (openssl, etc.)
- Knowledge of common security protocols (TLS, SSH, etc.)
- Understanding of authentication protocols (Kerberos or similar) and authorization models (fine grained permission model, RBAC, etc.)
- Experience in developing or integrating federated identity solutions using LDAP, SAML, OAuth, OpenID
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.