Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Open Source Engineering Manager
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
The Open Source Technology Center goals are to:
- Establish VMware as an open source good citizen
- Build VMware’s presence and influence in relevant projects through meaningful contributions and participation
- Develop and promote VMware standards for best practices in open source development and engagement with external communities
- Mentor internal teams to increase VMware’s open source competency and expertise
- Lead an open source development team in creating meaningful contributions to select projects
- Identify relevant open source projects
- Identify opportunities for recruiting diverse open source software developers
- Communicate with management any risk areas; come up with risk mitigation plans
- Look for improvements in software development and testing processes
- Promote innovation and technical excellence
- Hire, retain, and develop the careers of the developers on your team
- Coach and motivate your team to ensure high productivity and teamwork, and help each individual achieve his or her potential
- Bachelor’s or Master degree (preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent and 5+ years of related experience in software industry
- 3+ years of experience managing and growing a high-performing software engineering team
- Excellent people management skills - communication, teamwork, and leadership
- Ability to coach and motivate team members for their ongoing career growth
- Strong cross-functional organizational skills
- Experience in managing distributed, remote teams; Have a track record and the ability to influence geographically distributed teams
- Experience with the software development process is a must
- Experience working with open source projects and tooling such as GitHub is a plus
- A passion for delivering well-written, high-quality, well-architected and well-documented code. Willingness and ability to participate in technical designs and code reviews is very welcome
- Good business sense and strong analytical skills are required
- Fluent verbal and written English
- Opportunity to be part of the top management and decision making team of the subsidiary and improve skills and knowledge by working in an enterprise multinational, multicultural environment of overseas and distributed teams
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path and personal growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.