Open Source & Security Tools Engineer
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
VMware's R&D Open Source and Security team is seeking a strong backend software developer to develop solutions to improve the productivity of VMware R&D. The RDOSS team is a central engineering group within Cloud and Productivity Engineering (CPE) who builds and operates world-class services. We are a seamless engineering partner for Product R&D, Product Security, the Open Source Program Office, and Release Management.
Our development group drives huge business and engineering impact for VMware. We have a proven track record of solving complex problems and offering efficient solutions to our end users that reduce and automate complexity.
The ideal candidate is detail oriented with a focus on implementation excellence and poses the ability to implement strategic solutions from requirements with minimal guidance.
Experience in the realms of Open Source development methodologies, “Upstream” contribution, License Compliance, and/or DevSec is desirable but not required.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement backend solutions to satisfy Open Source and Security development business processes and automation requirements
- Develop deep technical understanding of VMware Product Engineering development, and Release Management processes to help build the best solutions
- Champion solutions that create the highest possible impact to the productivity of VMware R&D.
- Rapid prototyping and iteration of solutions that demonstrate the effectiveness of new ideas
- Be a technical leader by driving design, translating requirements, reviewing code, and mentoring peers.
- Maintain a healthy development community using Open Source development practices
Skills and Requirements:
- Solid experience in software development
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Experience with Web Application frameworks such as Django or Node
- Proficient in architecture design patterns, algorithms, and data structures
- Ability to write elegant and optimal code as well as refactor existing code to meet high design standards
- Strong relational database experience. Postgres preferred.
- Effective communication skills in a geographically dispersed team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Masters preferred.
- Proficiency in the following K8, Docker, Artifactory, Jenkins
- Experience building or using CI/CD development tools/pipelines
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub