Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
New Grad - PS Tools - Full-Stack Software Engineer Graduate - VMware Academy (Start: Jul 2019)
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
Start: 22 July 2019
Location: 16A, “G.M. Dimitrov” Blvd.
VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
VMware Academy is a global development program that is designed to fast track new graduates from in-depth training into successful careers within the Worldwide Sales and Services organization. As a part of VMware Academy, you will begin your journey by being immersed in several weeks of collaborative training known as Foundation (classroom) at a designated VMware location. Upon completion of Foundation training, you will return to your home office and move into Role Based (on-the-job) training over the course of 4-6 months depending on role and location. During your Role Based training you will continue to develop your skills and product knowledge while creating meaningful mentor relationships that will ignite your career. After Role Based training, you will have completed Academy and transition into your role and business unit. With continued development, manager support, and ongoing mentorships your growth is limitless. We look forward to seeing you in Worldwide Sales and Services.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be part of a close-knit team of engineers who are all eager to tackle big challenges.
- You will have the luxury to use the latest ground-breaking technologies like Java 8, Spring 5, Angular 6
- You will work by following the latest development methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, test driven development and CI/CD.
- You will have impact in the implementation of top-notch software for PSO organization, which enables VMware’s Services & Sales teams to be their best, delivering high-quality solutions to our customers with extraordinary outcomes.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Coursework (in some) of the following: Algorithms, Data Structures, Storage and\or Operating Systems, Computer Architecture, Machine Learning, Distributed Systems, Analytics, Web Development
- Knowledge in one or more of the programming languages: Java, C# or related
- Knowledge relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Good English language skills
- Previous internship experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Understanding in writing automated end-to-end tests with Protractor, and unit tests with Karma, Jest.
- Understanding of Maven or Gradle configurations for building, testing and running apps
- Understanding of Webpack, Gulp
- Exposure to container technologies - container orchestrators (Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm Mode) is a plus
- Experience with Cloud based services, Microservices a Cloud Computing class or similar experience
- Knowledge of NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, etc.) and/or search-based datastores and libraries such as Lucene, Solr, etc.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.