Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Lead Java Software Engineer - vCenter Data Service
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
Our team is looking for Senior software engineer interested in the analysis, design and implementation of various server side components of the vSphere management platform. You will have the opportunity to work on VMW’s flagman product using multiple languages (Java, Python) and different modern technologies. You will actively participate in all the stages of the software process – requirements analyses, design, implementation, unit and integration tests.
- Perform analysis and design of one or more difficult projects, having significant latitude in performing technical work
- Develop innovative ideas and solutions for projects
- Identify issues and critically evaluates implications of ideas or solutions
- Perform analysis of a complex workload and initiates solutions
- Have in-depth and/or breadth knowledge of components of a project and involved with design and implementation
- Have distinguishing technical expertise
- Demonstrate influence within your area of expertise
- Provide direction and mentorship to other team members
- Lead group in improving experimental methodology, and researches industry standards and works to implement them
- Promote collaboration and learning culture
- Generate ideas to reduce cost, improve quality and / or gain process efficiencies
- On-Call Availability in case of emergency (sporadically)
- Proficiency in Java (preferred) or related (C++, C#)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge in data structures and algorithms
- Good understanding of the main operating systems concepts: processes, memory management
- Experience with profiling and debugging tools
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English
- Willing to innovate, learn and share knowledge
- 5+ years overall technology experience in a software development related role
- Solid grasp of software development lifecycle best-practices, methods, and conventions, including but not limited to Unit and Integration Testing, Source Code Management, Continuous Integration, Domain Driven Design, and Dependency Management
- Willingness to work without close supervision and with dedicated daring attitude
- Willingness to learn other programming languages
A plus will be:
- Experience with Python
- SQL knowledge
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.