Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Junior Software Engineer
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
The Skyline engineering group is looking for talented software engineers to grow our platform engineering team. This work will play a key part in transforming our customers’ user experience by using data to build a more personalized approach to providing prescriptive best practices, resolving technical issues and predicting imminent issues before they occur. If you like working with heterogenous data or creating robust services around that data, this job may be for you!
Our software includes on-premise data collection along with a backend data services layer, built using a combination of Java and Python and designed to be highly modular with non-disruptive updates. Members of the platform engineering team should be familiar with the collection of data at scale, graph data structures, creation/interaction with RESTful API services and the considerations and trade offs that need to be made for high volume/high frequency data and transportation systems.
The Junior Java Software Engineer is responsible for the high-quality definition and implementation of the product by driving in cooperation with product management and other team members.
This includes the functional and technical design of the software, developing and validating entire functional components and modules, collaboration with the team on integrating the product and its infrastructure, code reviews and improvement of the software development process. Our teams consist of highly experienced developers and automation experts, with a proven track record of delivering. We use agile development methodologies and a number of technologies, here are just some of them:
- Excellent programming skills in Java, C#, and/or C++
- Excellent understanding of OOP principles, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, experience in analyzing requirements, understanding use cases and specifications
- Very deep understanding of software testing techniques
- Real passion for building quality products
- Deep understanding of the software development methodologies, processes and principles. Experience with agile is a plus
- Willingness to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- English language is a requirement
Experience with the technologies listed above
Experience developing enterprise-class software in a multi-cultural environment
Experience using and developing virtualization or cloud-based software
Proficient in Networking and/or operating systems: Windows, Linux or Unix
Knowledge and understanding of enterprise IT processes and ITIL
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentive
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Balanced work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
- As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.