Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Junior Software Engineer - vCenterJob ID R1907294 Date posted 05/31/2019
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. We accelerate customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
VMware vCenter Server Virtual Appliance (vCSA) is a Photon Linux Enterprise Server based application, which allows customers to manage the Virtual Machines provisioned in data centers. We are looking for a highly motivated engineer to join the vCenter Lifecycle team in Sofia. We are responsible to design and implement a distributed plugin architecture which orchestrates the vCenter Server services lifecycle in both on premises and in the cloud. We are a small team of highly motivated, experienced and dependable software engineers who are having fun while solving hard software problems together. We drive all lifecycle requirements and outline guidelines to many other VMware teams to follow.
VMware lifecycle products stack is accessible through RESTful APIs and uses various of modern and cool technologies like containers, Kubernetes, Docker, Kickstart, SCM Systems and is written on different languages like C, C++, python and Go. We are welcoming quick learners and open minded applicants who want to deep dive in technologies to solve hard lifecycle problems in distributed environment.
- Be part of a small, high-performing development team which is growing with new members
- Work in collaboration with quality assurance, user experience, technical documentation, customer support and other product teams
- Work with product and R&D management to analyze requirements and define technical solutions, write functional and design specifications
- Provide solutions for complex architectural and technical problems, propagate these solutions to other teams in the upgrade area
- Develop high-quality code and adhere to the VMware processes for product quality
- Provide estimates and plan deliveries in conjunction with the R&D manager
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline
- Strong algorithmic, excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- General programming knowledge - data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc.
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (C++ or Java Preferred)
- Willingness to use different programming languages to address the specific product needs (Ruby, Java, Python, C#, Bash Scripting, etc.)
- Ability to work without close supervision and with proactive goal-oriented attitude
- Ability to understand, simplify and explain complex functionality to peers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Must be available to work full-time in Sofia
Will be considered as plus:
- Experience in delivering lifecycle solutions for distributed systems
- Expertise in Python programming (or deep familiarity with Python with expertise in another OO language)
- Experience with containers
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with SCM Systems like Salt, Chef, Puppet
- Experience with enterprise architectures – remote method invocations, stateless designs, SSL security, etc.
- Experience with multi-tiered architectures (Service-Application-Presentation)
- A proven track record in architecting and delivering distributed enterprise software, including designing and delivering a significant feature
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.