Junior Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
We are world-class, highly-technical & dynamic team of engineers that delivers wide portfolio of VMware's internal services, multiple hyper-converged, cloud environments and humongous, heterogeneous infrastructure. The SRE " s ensure that our services meet the needs of our customers with the desired levels of reliability, performance and availability by developing continuous improvements, tools and automation.
Do you like the challenge of crafting solutions for meaningful problems, eliminate toil by creating automation?
We're looking for people who have a passion for technology, have intellectual curiosity, strong business ethics and great interpersonal skills. VMware is actively revolutionizing the way it delivers software solutions, and we need your help!
Role & Responsibilities:
Develop and maintain performant, scalable and maintainable software solutions and tools for internal use.
Perform proactive troubleshooting & performance analysis of internal services and cloud environments.
Ensure our services meet stability, performance and availability requirements.
Build robust, self-healing features and automation that reduce operational effort
and improve service up-time.
Interact with other product & development teams, gather requirements & perform
analysis to determine appropriate solutions.
Actively engage in design reviews, code reviews and operational reviews.
- General programming knowledge. Experience with one or more of : Python, Ruby, Perl, Power CLI, Batch Scripting, GO
- Experience with scripting language is preffered
- Willingness to use different programming languages and frameworks to address the specific product needs
- Experience with Linux/Unix based systems
- Understanding in network basics - TCP/IP concepts, common protocols like DHCP and DNS, intermediate routing & switching
- Understanding of virtualization & HCI concepts.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible or Salt
- Systematic problem-solving approach
- An active student or a recent graduate
Additional desired experience:
Experience with vCloud Suite (vSphere, NSX, vSAN, vRealize suite) + vCD.
Understanding of filesystems, quotas, RAID, LVM, NFS, SAN, iSCSI, FC, Samba and
native Windows file-sharing
Experience with containers and container orchestrators - Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos
Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, mySQL), NoSQL or time-series
Experience with message brokers, stream processing, data transformation and
Knowledge in CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins
Knowledge and understanding of enterprise IT processes and ITIL
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentive
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub