Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Java Software Engineer - vSphere Replication
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
We are looking for talented Java backend engineer to join our team that work on VMware’s virtual replication solutions for disaster recovery.
Our products are targeting large enterprise markets with on premise and cloud users and have to scale well with millions of objects and run on a large number of servers in a complex distributed environment.
- Be part of a software development team working in collaboration with product management, quality engineering, user experience and technical publications teams
- You will define/analyze the product requirements, write functional and design specifications, implement and maintain the code
- You will perform code reviews to the rest of the team members and will receive code reviews of your code as well
- You will have to adhere to VMware internal processes during the whole development cycle – idea, patent, requirements, specifications, designs, implementation, bug fixing, QA, support, etc
- You will designs solutions to large complex features or problems, involving other more junior team members
- You will perform analysis and design of one or more projects
- You will identify issues and critically evaluate implications of ideas or solutions
- Excellence in general programming knowledge - data structures, algorithms, design patterns, resource management, etc
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience with Java and related technologies
- Experience with multi-threading, networking, multi-tiered architectures
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to innovate, learn and share knowledge, invent and patent new algorithms and technologies
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing)
Strong plus will be considered:
- Experience with enterprise architecture and integration principles – REST, SOAP, extensive XML usage, stateless designs, load balancing, SSL security, etc
- Experience working with or developing Open Source projects
- Experience with automated build utilities and continuous integration environments
- Attractive compensation package
- Unique opportunity for professional development, enhanced by various training options, regular performance discussions, working with teams of world-wide Staffing and IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.