Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Java Back-End Software Engineer - vCAV
Sofia-Capital, BulgariaApply Now
We are looking for talented professional who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence to help us enhance our virtualization solutions and increase our market-leading position. We are targeting the service provider markets and our products must scale well with millions of objects so please bear in mind when applying that we need developers who understand (or are willing to learn) the specifics of the enterprise level programming.
In your everyday work you will leverage the latest Java technology including Spring IoC and AOP, OSGI, REST, JMS and Flex amongst others.
- Design and implement the next generation architecture of VMware's virtualization products
- Be part of a software development team working in collaboration with management, quality assurance, user experience and technical publications teams
- You will define/analyze the product requirements, write/read functional and design specifications, write/support the code
- You will perform code reviews to the rest of the team members and will receive code reviews of your code as well
- You will have to adhere to VMware internal processes during the whole development cycle – idea, patent, requirements, specifications, designs, implementation, bug fixing, QA, support, etc
- Experience with product development
- Willingness to innovate, learn and share knowledge, invent and patent new algorithms and technologies
- Professional programming experience in Java and related technologies
- Experience with enterprise architecture and integration principles – REST, SOAP, extensive XML usage, stateless designs, load balancing, SSL security, etc
- Experience with multi-tiered architectures (Service-Application-Presentation)
- Experience with automated build utilities and continuous integration environments
- Solid grasp of software development lifecycle best-practices, methods, and conventions, including but not limited to Unit and Integration Testing, Source Code Management, Continuous Integration, Domain Driven Design, and Dependency Management
- Experience working with or developing Open Source projects
- Experience re-factoring existing systems to design patterns
- General programming knowledge - data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to work without close supervision and with proactive goal-oriented attitude
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.