Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
iOS EngineerJob ID R1904619 Date posted 06/11/2019
We are seeking an iOS Developer to join the Boxer team. Boxer is an enterprise email client that hundreds of thousands of people depend on daily, installed on millions of mobile devices around the world.
We are always looking to improve the email experience and identify opportunities to be more productive on the go. In each release, we aim to make Boxer more useful for our users and add features to match new iOS capabilities.
We are passionate about delivering high quality and highly secure product. You will work on a product that users see throughout their day, as they read and respond to email. You will work with a highly motivated and dynamic team of 6-10 people and report into a Manager/Senior Manager. You will have the opportunity to participate in all phases of the software development process.
Personal growth is important to our team. We help and encourage our team to be constantly learning and staying up to date with the latest iOS features, frameworks, and libraries.
Provide technical leadership to the team by driving/guiding the design and development of major architectural components.
Take ownership of product quality, user experience, and security - every member of the team is responsible for delivering a best-in-class product that users love.
Design, build, and test product features and components, while working with our security and UX teams to ensure that Boxer is both secure and delightful to use.
Mentor other team members in order to help them grow their skills.
Proactively work on identifying issues and exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Solve complex problems or situations that require in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Share in debugging and addressing critical product issues. Our product is crucial to our customers, and every developer will cooperate with our support team to make sure our customer needs are met.
Proactively work on identifying issues and exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Perform analysis of complex tasks or situations that required in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Encourage a culture of creativity and excellence through technical innovations and attention to quality and integrity.
- 5+ years software development experience
- Advanced knowledge of iOS technologies. experience using Objective C, Swift, Cocoa Touch and other iOS frameworks.
- Understanding of Apple design principles and how to follow the Apple HIG
- Highly proficient in object-oriented methodologies, design patterns, data structures, algorithms and quality coding skills, excellent debugging skills.
- Experience working in Git, Stash, Jira and other productivity tools.
Good to Have
- Experience in building and debugging network driven apps is highly valued.
- An understanding of DevOps tools and techniques will be helpful
- Work experience in an energizing environment, following agile practices. Can successfully handle multiple, high priority projects and tasks.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, including quickly getting up to speed with new technologies.
- Be able to address issues quickly and authoritatively.
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to lead challenging demands.
- Having a creative mindset and problem-solving skills is essential.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives.
- VMware is always looking for ways to promote and inspire innovation. So, come build your dream with us.
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals.
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication.
- Friendly policies to support Work-life balance, team building and celebrations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.