Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Intern - Scripting and AutomationJob ID R188876 Date posted 04/11/2019
The VMware IT Colleague Experience and Technology organization is a global team that supports over 30,000 colleagues, with over 60,000 devices, spread across The Globe. We are committed to excellence and delightful customer experience in everything that we do. We engage and partner with our R&D organization to help make our Enterprise Mobility Management products more fit for purpose, bug-free and enterprise-ready.
We are looking for an Scripting and Automation Specialist Intern who will participate in the development of tools and scripts that would reduce the overhead in our IT teams. To be successful in this role, you are a motivated self-starter, possess strong customer service and technical analytical skills and be someone who welcomes challenges. This role will be focusing on automating processes for deployment, administration, reporting and management of Android, iOS, Windows and MacOS devices.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with various desktop and server operating systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux)
- You are willing to work with global teams in different time zones
- Pursuing a university degree
Skills that will be considered an advantage:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Azure and Serverless architecture
- Experience with scripting languages like Bash, PowerShell, Python, Apple Script
- Technical troubleshooting skills (WMI, SQL language for query and report development)
- Some understanding of ITIL, Change and Release Management
- Some experience in capturing requirements and building design documentation
- Good knowledge in network management and remote connectivity technologies
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.