Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Graphics Development Engineer
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
The Cloud Platform organization is responsible for vSphere, our Core Virtualization Infrastructure, and Solutions for Enterprise Virtualization. The Core Graphics group is part of our Cloud Platform R&D team, responsible for the vSphere and vCenter suite of products.
We are seeking a passionate software engineer to be a part of our Core Graphics group. The Core Graphics Group is responsible for making the 2D and 3D experience inside a virtual machine as good as native. We work on the latest industry standard 3D API’s such as Apple Metal, Vulkan, OpenGL and Direct3D for all of VMware’s products. We work on delivering the best local and remote experience possible for virtualization users.
• Design and develop VMware’s Graphics virtualization infrastructure using industry standard 3D APIs
• Analyze and re-architect performance critical sections of the Graphics Stack
• Investigate and fix problems found in the Graphics Virtualization Infrastructure
• Create and Enhance existing tools to aid with test automation
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Should be highly proficient in the C programming language
• Must have Linux, Windows and/or Mac OS systems software development experience
• Basic Understanding of 3D Graphics Pipeline
• 3 to 4 years experience in design and development of systems software
• Strong debugging Skills
• Bachelor or Master in Computer Science
• Understanding of graphics API's (OpenGL, DirectX, Metal, Vulkan)
• Knowledge of virtualization technologies
• Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
• Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals
• Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
• Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.