Full-stack Software Engineer
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
VMware is the leader in Virtualization and Cloud infrastructure and we are now embracing Kubernetes.
Our team builds the exceptionally successful VMware Cloud Foundation, which enables building enterprise clouds utilizing resources in Private Data Centers, Amazon AWS, IBM SoftLayer and other public clouds.
We are looking for talented professionals who share our passion for technology, innovation and excellence to help us enhance our VMware Cloud Foundation Unified SDDC Platform and increase our market-leading position.
As part of VMware Cloud Foundation, you will be bringing Kubernetes and containers together with VMware’s leading products - vSphere, vSAN, NSX and vRealize suite into a natively integrated stack to deliver enterprise-ready cloud infrastructure for the private and public cloud. You will design, develop and maintain the product in a fast-paced Agile environment, collaborating with product management, quality engineering and other members on our global team.
- Write code, perform code reviews and address code reviews of your code
- Design and implement the next generation containers-based architecture in the VMware's SDDC platform.
- Be part of the VMware internal processes during the whole development cycle – idea, requirements, specifications, designs, planning, implementation, testing, bug fixing, DevOps, support, etc.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and Object-Oriented Design, data structures and algorithms, good command of object oriented language like Java or C#
- Good command of English
- Willingness to learn
Considered a plus:
- Kubernetes, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, or related experience
- Good command of Java, we are a Java shop
- Good understanding of the software development methodologies and Agile
- Experience with multi-tiered architectures and/or distributed systems
- Flexible working time
- Diverse team and fresh team culture
- Kids-oriented programs – summer schools and events, health insurance plans
- Trainings and personal development opportunities
- Gradual onboarding, individual plan
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives.
- Personal career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals.
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication.
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations.
- All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub