Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Front-End Engineer in vCloud DirectorJob ID R1905812 Date posted 05/10/2019
We are looking for talented front-end software engineers who share our passion for technology, innovation and excellence to join our vCloud Director UI team. vCloud Director (VCD) enables service providers to build differentiated cloud services that are multi-tenant and inherently hybrid-aware. If you love shipping software that is built on latest technologies, resolves hard technical challenges and makes big difference for the customers, then come join us.
- Design, implement and operate the UI of the leading VMware multi-tenant cloud provider offering
- Learn and apply new technologies, best design practices and usability patterns
- Collaborate with UX team, product managers and other technical teams to create flawless user experience.
- Solid CS, OOP/OOD, design patterns
- Track record of design, implementation and testing of modern UIs
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing)
A strong plus would be
- Mastery with Angular, React or similar frameworks
- Experience in large-scale system software development
- Understanding of the Flux architectural pattern and popular implementations
- Experience with TDD, Selenium, Protractor, etc.
- Experience with Jenkins/Gitlab in CI/CD pipelines
- Visual design and CSS skills
- Good grasp on usability and interaction design
- Domain knowledge in networking
The following standard list of requirements for software engineering job do apply
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Masters preferred (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to work successfully with peers and upper management in and out of department
- Proven ability to deliver on schedule
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
VMwareisanEqualOpportunityEmployerandProhibitsDiscriminationandHarassmentofAnyKind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.