Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
The role will have the following key responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing operational support including operating system releases, upgrades and service pack installations, bug fixes, security updates and any system change activities
- Build new systems across laptop and desktop and new hire deployment
- Setup, configure and support mobile devices such as iPads, iPhones, Android devices etc. and manage and deploy VMware AirWatch Mobile Device Management
- Provide tier 2 support to the Help Desk to resolve desktop system issues as reported by our colleagues
- Troubleshoot problem areas in person, via telephone or other communication methods in a timely and accurate fashion and provide colleague assistance and advice where required
- Determine solutions for network security, provision of anti Spyware/Adware and virus protection
- Ensure excellent customer follow up communications and timely issue status updates to colleagues and IT management
- Create a formal mentorship with IT End User Services peers to share lessons learnt and IT knowledge transfer
- Network with multi-functional and wider IT teams to leverage best practices and identify resolutions to issues and solutions
- Assist our colleagues with identifying and specifying hardware and software needs to address their business requirements aligning with our corporate standards where possible
- Creates and updates documentation such as FAQ’s, user guides, standard operating procedures, knowledge base for supported IT services and applications
- Identifies current operational process inefficiencies and provides recommendations for improvement
Develop and sustain colleague relationships:
- Build strong partnerships with local business units and VMware leaders
- Identify, measure, analyze, and communicate service performance
Work experience requirements:
- Ability to successfully and strongly work as part of a team
- Working with laptop and desktop hardware
- Working with desktop applications including Microsoft Office, VPN’s and virus scanning
- Working with desktop imaging software and deployment
- Familiarity with desktop architecture and build methodologies
- Familiarity with other IT disciplines such as telecoms, data management, messaging, server operations etc
- Proven customer service skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.