Enterprise Data Architect
Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
Our Enterprise Data and Analytics team is looking for an Enterprise Data Architect, who will be a key contributor to develop, maintain, govern and evolve the data capabilities across the enterprise to support analytical capabilities and drive business strategies. The Data Architect will contribute to measuring the maturity of existing data capabilities, leading proof of concept tiger teams to prove out technology and solutions, acting as an advisor to new data and analytical implementation strategies specifically around the transition to an Enterprise Data Lake, as well as for integrating and partnering with other related functions and organizations across the Enterprise. The position requires the Data Architect must be a self-starter with strong collaboration, architectural knowledge, analytical skills, ability to connect dots, take innovative ideas and convert them into realized roadmaps. It is also important the Data Architect is comfortable working with distributed teams, colleagues and stakeholders who are spread across different GEO’s such as Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific, and can interact at all levels of the organization.
Responsibilities & Scope:
- Assist in evolving technology across the enterprise to mature analytics capabilities through enterprise architecture functions/programs, striving for the appropriately balanced pursuit of enterprise information governance, business self-service capabilities, and technical and solution architectures to support business strategies
- Support & execute transformative programs and initiatives for Strategic Transformation Services
- Analyze incoming pipeline of Data & Analytics use cases, propose Architectural Solutions, encompassing Data pipelines, Data Models, Processing, Algorithms and Data Consumption.
- Lead creation of PoCs of new use cases and their transition into classic Data Dev-Ops into Production environment.
- Collaborate with EDA leaders to develop and implement plans and strategies around tool/environment usage, analytic capabilities, data maturity, communications, and business enablement
- Conduct analysis of enterprise business drivers to derive enterprise business information, technical and solution architecture requirements
- Analyze technology industry and market trends as well as determining their potential impact on the enterprise and recommend solutions based on industry-proven marketplace
- Lead business capability assessments through technology proof of concepts to evolve and standardize next-gen analytics capabilities
- Close partnership with enterprise architecture implementation and ongoing refinement activities to optimize business use of technologies
- Consulting with application development project teams to fit systems to architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate business needs
- Determine organizational requirements for the resources, structures and cultural changes necessary to support the enterprise data capabilities
- Partner to drive the development and execution of a communication and education plan for the enterprise capabilities
- Work closely with vendors to prove out technology and tap into consultants to identify ways to optimize the environment and toolsets
- Help integrating new data management technologies (such as Collibra, Informatica DQ, or similar) and software engineering tools into existing structures
Skills and Knowledge:
- Familiarity with information management practices
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and stakeholder relationships
- Experience in Data Architecture, Data Modeling, Data Processing, RDBMS, NoSQL, SQL
- Excellent understanding of key Big Data concepts and Data Lake implementation experience
- Hands-on expertise with analytical tools and database environments (Hadoop, SAP HANA, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, R, Python, Cloudera, etc.)
- Understanding of Data Warehouse Architecture, Big Data, or Data-Lakes
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Ability to turn innovative ideas and concepts into realized solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of all components of a holistic enterprise architecture or Enterprise Architecture Framework or Methodology (such as TOGAF, ISO 19439, BOST, or equivalent)
- Knowledge of client/server processing, and object-oriented analysis and design
- Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories
- An understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate the politics
- The ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions
- The ability to translate business needs into enterprise architecture requirements
- The ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems
- The ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- The ability to translate business strategies and requirements into technical solutions and strategies
- 5-10 Years’ Experience in the Data Architecture, Analytics, IT and Business Analytics related areas
- A degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis or a related field of study.
- At least three years of experience in at least one IT disciplines (such as technical architecture, information analysis, database management or operations) in a multitier environment — or three years in business analysis or strategic business planning
- This individual should have a demonstrated reputation for being:
- Influential in the organization and a team player
- Highly supportive of the business and its ideals and strategies
- Neutral toward technology, vendor and product choices; more interested in results than in personal preferences
- Effective at driving short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub