Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
DevOps InternJob ID R1904236 Date posted 03/20/2019
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s leaders and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer with Linux platform knowledge for our Engineering Services DevOps team within the Cloud Management business unit.
What you will learn:
- You will learn how to design the continuous integration/continuous delivery of large enterprise products
- You will have to design and implement a solution built on VMware cloud-based product(s) and Jenkins
- You will understand what code review is, will be subjected to such, and will have to do them for other people’s code
- You will learn about development cycle processes– idea, requirements, specifications, designs, implementation, bug fixing, testing and support, etc.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar degrees.
- Good level of programming in Java and related technologies (OOP)
- Some knowledge in a scripting language (Python), Bash or Powershell
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to innovate, learn and share knowledge, invent and patent new algorithms and technologies
- Fluent in English
A strong plus will be:
- Some idea about tools commonly used for continuous integration (jenkins, chef, puppet, etc.)
- Experience in Linux operating system
- Web services, REST
- User of Git
- Have used containers and technologies around them (Docker, Kubernetes)
Duration of the internship is 6 months.
Why our Internship Program is the best:
- Real-life projects - Excellent opportunities for technical and personal development.
- Mentorship - expert engineers will help you achieve your full potential.
- Unique atmosphere - Where the emphasis is on perfection, innovation, openness and collaboration.
- Healthy work environment - Food & Beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Flexibility - Opportunity to choose between working schemes, fitting both yours and the project's needs
- Excellent compensation package
If you believe VMware is the place for you, apply now! If we find your profile suitable, a recruiter will get in touch with you regarding the next steps.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.