Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Bulgaria
Our Bulgaria office, located in the heart of the capital Sofia, was established in 2007 and is the largest Research and Development center for VMware in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Building on the success of our R&D facility, in the past few years VMware Bulgaria has grown to become a multifunctional hub with product, revenue generating professional services and business operations teams. Here, we focus on VMware’s future technological innovations in the areas of Software-Defined Data Center, cloud management and automation. We provide a welcoming environment for our employees, with a modern building that includes recreational and fitness areas, chill-out zones, a spacious cafeteria with a stunning city view, car and bike parking lots, and much more.
As part of our team, you’ll work on both local and global projects with other talented and passionate Product Managers, Technical Operations. Professional Services Center of Excellence and other experts. Our employees enjoy ample growth opportunities, and all of the benefits of being part of the global leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility, and virtualization software.
DevOps Engineer - Engineering Services OrganizationJob ID R1906572 Date posted 06/10/2019
DevOps engineer - Engineering Services Organization
We are looking for DevOps Engineer with strong Linux and Windows platform knowledge as well as scripting expertise for our Engineering Services DevOps team within the Cloud Management business unit
- You will design and implement the infrastructure layer of top VMware products, based on Linux Virtual Appliances and containers
- You will design and define the continuous integration / continuous delivery of large enterprise products
- You will perform code reviews to the rest of the team members and will receive code reviews of your code as well
- You will have to adhere to VMware internal processes during the whole development cycle – idea, requirements, specifications, designs, implementation, bug fixing, testing and support, etc.
Requirements and preferred skills:
- Professional experience in Linux operating system
- Good knowledge of Windows operating system
- Knowledge in scripting languages (Python), Bash and Powershell scripting
- Basic level of programming in Java and related technologies (OOP)
- Knowledge in tools commonly used for continious integration (jenkins, chef, puppet, etc.)
- Web services, REST
- Proficient user of source control tools
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Work without close supervision and with proactive goal-oriented attitude
- Willingness to innovate, learn and share knowledge, invent and patent new algorithms and technologies
- Fluent in English
A strong plus will be:
- Experience in Spring Framework
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Jenkins, Chef or Puppet (or even betther all of them)
- Experience with Containers and technologies around them (Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Experience working in an agile, devops like environment
- Experience in relational databases, PostgreSQL is a plus
- Practice in code reviews, pair programming and test automation
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, and others
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment and teams of world-wide IT professionals
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.